Jun 24, 2011

Party Invitation

Who is up for a party?  Manny is turning TWO.  Can you believe it?  Sunday! 

You are cordially invited to a cyber birthday party!~ 

Remember just a year ago, we cautiously and carefully celebrated his first birthday, a milestone the docs said wouldn't happen.  He loved balloons (something light enough he could hold).  And the celebration took on a life of it's own.  People around the country wanted to help celebrate his birthday. 

We're going to do a repeat.  So if you're game, here's the instructions: 

Get a balloon. 
Write a message on it ... a prayer, scripture, blessing, whatever.
Take a picture of the event. 
Send the picture to me so we can put it in our scrapbook for him.  And I'd also LOVE to have what you wrote on the balloons as well. 

Last year I know there were many prayers of, "Please, Lord". 

And.  He.  Heard. 

This year, I know our balloons are going to say a lot of THANK YOU. 

I cannot begin to tell you how much this year has meant to us.  From his birthday last year to this year ... it seems like just yesterday in some ways.  It's been a hard, hard year.  I know I've aged 10 years this year, I've gained 15 pounds (until this year, I have weighed the same since college!)  But it's also been one of the best years of my life as well.  I've never felt more blessed, more connected with my purpose and calling in life. 

So ... please join us this weekend in the Celebration of Life! 

3 comments:

  1. Sarah and I will certainly do this!! She loves doing balloon tributes.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MANNY!! May your next year be even more blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH how exciting!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Your story was equally beautiful and moving and congrats to you for surviving. I like to salute you for your great work.

    ReplyDelete