Feb 22, 2010

More doctors for me

Last week I wrote that I'd been to the Hematologist Oncologist.  They aren't saying I have cancer, but this is the person you go to when you have enlarged lymph nodes in various parts of your body that are continuing to get bigger.  Many things have been ruled out but they still don't have a clue what it is.  (Where is Dr. House when you need him, really?)  So they took many blood tests and we're awaiting the results - Due March 9th.  Should know something by then. (Hopefully).

Today, I went to a new cardiologist.  Why?  Because I was diagnosed years ago with mitral valve prolapse with mild regurgitation, tricuspid valve mild regurgitation and mild to moderate pulmonary hypertension.  After a million tests, they couldn't find out what was going on.  Seemed to have a whole lot of "false positives".  Nothing like that to make you think it's just all in your head.  That Cardiologist basically gave up and said, "Can't do anything else for you."  So I went back to ignoring my symptoms.

The past couple of weeks have been a lot of symptoms (OK, let's get real ... chest pain).  Thought I'd get back into a cardiologist just in case.  Afterall, not sure if you remember, but 2 years ago, my Dad almost didn't make it due to an occult heart condition and it's genetic.

So today was the first meeting.  No exam, no tests, just talking.  He got a very clear history, went over all my previous tests from 1 1/2 years ago and that was that.  He wants to run some blood tests but thought we might as well wait for the ones from the oncologist and see what all HE ran.  Maybe it will point us in the right direction.  I have another appointment in 1 month with this Cardiologist.

In the meantime, I can't help but be a bit frustrated.  I have these growths in my body getting bigger and no one knows why and chest pains (including short of breath) and they can't find the cause.

I don't want to be sick.  I DON'T want there to be something wrong with me ... but the truth is ... something is and I just want to know what it is or I want the symptoms to GO AWAY.

God is my healer.  He has done many, many, many mighty miracles in my life and those around me.  He will pull off another one.  I'm sure of it.

But I don't know about you ... but He often takes me on the "scenic route".

No comments:

Post a Comment