Mar 15, 2010

The case of the missing tooth

Driving.
Mindless.
Interrupted.
"I broke my tooth"
"What??"
"I broke my tooth"

"Here it is"
Sure enough ... it's a tooth.  Or more precisely, half a tooth.

Zoe has cleft lip and palate and as a result, she has very very porous teeth.  We have several we're watching.  This was NOT one of those.

The tooth just broke in half.  Vertically ... all the way to the nerve.  Painful.

Doctor could see us in about 2 1/2 hour after it happened.

Quick, painless, relatively cheap.

They put a composite on the front and hope it will stick a long time.  Me too.  If not, they'll have to pull it and compromise the palate.

In the meantime, she has a perfectly pearly white.

She DID have one concern ...  "Will I get money for this tooth?"

Gotta love kid thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment