Mar 12, 2010

Where do you draw the line?

I often find myself trying to find the balance in a situation.  And realize that "balance" is subjective.  What would be utter chaos to one person might be completely normal to another.  What might be just right for one would be shear boredom to another.

So what am I trying to balance?  Hope.

Where do you draw the line? 

"HOPE deferred makes the heart sick"

but on the other hand,

"Faith is the substance of things HOPED for..."

So see my dilemma?

To hope or not to hope?

I have a current situation and I want to hope with all my heart the answer is "Yes"  (I don't get to say, it's not up to me).  But I also know that God's answer might be "No".  And I'll ultimately be OK with that answer ... He's ALWAYS right.

So hope or not to hope?  Where's the line?

No comments:

Post a Comment