Oct 15, 2009

Tickets are bought

I bought tickets today for China.  I did it with trembling hands and a mind full of questions.  Am I doing the right thing?  Am I crazy?  Who the heck do I think *I* am to try this?  What if it fails? What if it doesn't work?  What if I can't find funding?  How do we pick which children come to the home and which don't? 

But I hit "send" and bought the tickets anyway.  Why? 

Because for a lifetime, I've had the dream to run an orphange.  Because I see the need.  Because it was asked of me and to ignore the request is to ignore the proverbial beggar on the side of the road.  (You know that story?  Everyone saw the guy but they all passed by.)   

But the biggest reason is because I keep telling God, "I will walk through each door until you say no".  And He keeps saying "Yes".  Every time I put a problem before Him, a reason for NOT doing this ... He finds the solution to it. 

I am putting one foot in front of the other.  I'm scared out of my mind.  I'm way in over my head.  But I also know who is in charge.  And there's something completely humbling about being His instrument.


No comments:

Post a Comment