Oct 5, 2010

The Good News

You know how Jacob has been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease and possible kidney failure?  (Not the good news).  Well, they say it might be genetic so they wanted Kaley tested.  She will be 11 on 11/11.  (Cool, huh?  Oh and another quick number ... next year on 11/11/11, she will stop being 11 and turn 12 ... not many people have such a cool birthday.)

Tests came back today NEGATIVE for Kaley!

I wasn't aware of how anxious I was about this possibility until I got the good news late this afternoon!  I breathed a huge sigh of relief and actually broke into tears.  I felt the stress rolling off of me.  I know that if she did have it, we'd be in for the long haul.  We'd fight that too.  But truthfully?  I'm not ready for another big fight.

2 kids with a life threatening condition at a time is enough!  (Too much really, but you know what I mean.)

She will continue to have urine tests every year probably for the rest of her life because she has a first degree relative with this ... and if she ever develops it, we'll have caught it early.  But in the meantime, NO Kidney disease for Kaley!

Now about Jacob ... finally got the biopsy scheduled.  It's for 10/11 at 9am.  He will be in the hospital for a 23 hour admit.  Test results won't be back for about 2 weeks.  We'll schedule with the Nephrologist for a follow up near the end of October to hear the news, the plan, etc.

In the meantime, MY plan is for God to do another complete restoration like He's doing with Manny!  I'd love to baffle a new set of doctors.

I'll update when there's news.

2 comments: