Oct 30, 2010

Drink of My Blood

Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you" (John 6:53).  

Most of us read that and immediately know this is about "Communion" or "Passover".  But at the time He said it, many people were offended and actually walked away from following Him.

So why bring this up now?  Need a little controversy?  (I know I will be offending some at posting the following.)

Who has watched the Twilight series?  Or other vampire movies?  Seems to be a very popular theme lately.  And I can't help but be struck by the similarities.  Seriously, think about it.

I personally don't know much about vampires.  I haven't read nor watched the series ... I objected based on the subject matter.  So I went to look it up.  Here is just one link regarding "Vampire rules".  (there are many) http://www.eathorror.com/vampirerules.php


Vampires drink blood.  Christians are to drink of Jesus' blood.  
To become a vampire, you are to drink of a vampire's blood.  To have life, Christians are to drink of His blood.  
Vampires won't go out in the light.    God's way sheds light in our heart. 
They often sleep in coffins or a grave.  Christians are to overcome the grave like Jesus.  
They are indistinguishable from other humans by their looks.   Christians too.  
Vampires are seeking immortality.  Christians too.  (We use different terminology though.) 
Vampires have powers over people, to make their minds weak.  Christians are to renew their minds, bring every thought into captivity.  
Vampires are killed by crosses.  Christians are healed by one. 

etc etc 

Like I said, I'm no expert of the world of vampires, nor do I choose to be an expert.  What I AM creeped out by though is the way this beautiful truth of 'drink of My blood' has been perverted and entered mainstream American and even most Christians.  Many think nothing of reading a series like this or watching the shows.  And I'm disturbed by that.  And I'm aware most of you reading HAVE watched this series and have a completely different take.    

I think the perversion is just too close to me.  

So I go back to the original source ... Jesus Christ.  I will personally take of HIS blood, eat of HIS flesh.  And not the counterfeit ones.  Not even in my fiction or my fantasy. 


And while I'm busy offending everyone, last year I posted about why I don't personally do anything associated with Halloween.  (You can go back to October last year if you want to see it.)

Lest you feel sorry for my kids ... we clean up on November 1.  You can believe how cheap the candy is then.

1 comment:

  1. Not only is candy cheap the next day, dress up clothes are a dime a dozen too!
    We got a doctor's outfit and a princess dress for like 2 bucks last year.

    ReplyDelete