May 11, 2011

I got what I wanted for Mother's Day!

Manny is scheduled to have about 6 weeks of serial casts.  Put on every Wednesday, take them off and immediately reapply.  Today they took them off and his feet were too messed up to reapply them.  Some swelling, bruising, abrasions, even sores between his toes.  No wonder he was grimacing!  That's the bad news. 

But the good news is ... his feet went from -20 to + 15.  In a week!  For comparison, last time it took 6 weeks to go from -20 to +5 (the best they were able to achieve).  So it's good to know he didn't go all the way back.  They're hoping he will only need one or two more casts! 

On other news, his tube is still clogging often.  There is a pretty quick fix and during the day it's fine, but at night, it gets old.  So the GI is scheduling a time to get it changed out.  I'm waiting to hear when that will be. 

And finally ... I didn't mention my mother's day present.  Let's start with ... I'm not normal.  (Duh, right?)  And suffice to say I got exactly what I begged for!  I'll show you in pictures.  Thanks Dan!!



Once the potty was removed Kaley Said, "Look! A China potty!!" 
Yes, he is sitting on the potty outside. Can you say "redneck?"

My new potty for the guest bathroom!! I am thrilled !!

No comments:

Post a Comment