May 7, 2010

Here we go again

WARNING:  Complaining ahead.  Yes, I know I teach a class where we are not supposed to complain ... but I'm only human and I've been dealing with the insurance company! 

So long story short, we need better insurance for Zoe.  We found out there is a program for kids with complex medical conditions and she qualifies so we applied for Zoe.

We applied in OCTOBER.  Several times every month, I call, find out what thing they need sent, resent, re-resent and I do.  I call to check they have it and they do.  They say that's all they need.  I call back and they need something else.  Repeat.  7 months.  We've been doing this for 7 months. 

2 weeks ago, I called and they promised they needed only ONE more thing.  I sent it.  The phone number I call always says "Your file is missing some information.  Please hold while I connect you with an attendant who can help."

Today, I call to verify if we're on the right track and it says, "There is not an active account."  What the &^%$^&*%$????? 

I'm so stinkin' frustrated right now.  Zoe's surgeries have been postponed for 7 months due to this.  I don't even know where to begin now.  I cannot start this process all over again.  There HAS to be a better way. 

OK ... I feel better now.  Got that off my chest.  I know many of you have many, many similar horror stories and can sympathize.   I'm also taking all prayers and all suggestions on how to proceed. 

1 comment:

  1. I am a kindred spirit in the struggle for insurance coverage. Consider your family prayed for!

    ReplyDelete