Jun 16, 2010

I Hope

Today we were given 3 HUGE bags of clothes for the baby.  Kathie thanks!  It's full of beautiful clothes ... so many of them.  (Bad blogger didn't take pics though.) 

They are mostly size 2T.  Right now the baby is wearing 9months and 12 months.  So at this rate, he'll be in them next year. 

But of course as I was sorting and folding and putting them away I had this nagging thought ... would he ever get to wear them?  Would he be around next year to wear them?  If the doctors are right, there's ZERO chance that will happen. 

But of course I know they don't get to measure the length of his days. And it's the only hope I have. 

I'd love to say that I feel fully confident that he'll get to wear them.  But I'm not.  I only have HOPE.

It's amazing how something so simple can bring such deep, profound thoughts.  It's just a bag of clothes, right?  Not to me.  To me it's a bag of hope. 

I HOPE he'll get to wear the Elmo pants and the cute swim trunks and the Gators t-shirt.  I HOPE he'll wear the little coat next winter ... maybe even in Colorado visiting Aunt Shari and Uncle Pat. 

So in the meantime, I put them in a tub marked "Manny, age 2" and put them in a stack in the garage where I keep all the kids' clothes that are big.  And I hope that next Summer I'll be pulling them down to put on him. 

So thanks, Kathie, for the bag of hope.  And thanks to all of you for hoping along with us.

4 comments:

  1. Look at those sweet, baby toes. I hope to see his sweet toddler toes...

    Hope is enough, Bethie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, goodness. That first pic. The eyes. And I'll bet his neck smells sooooo baby-sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth~
    You had me in tears...hope is something you need and it is enough. I remember those thoughts...now that my Jesse has turned 8 he is as old as his sister was and it is monumental to me. God Bless you and that cute little Manny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping and praying along with you!

    ReplyDelete